Keeping a commercial kitchen safe and clean is a challenge under normal circumstances. With the coronavirus pandemic and many kitchens welcoming guests back indoors, effective commercial kitchen cleaning is even more vital.
Before reopening your facility for indoor guests, commercial kitchen deep cleaning is highly recommended. A deep clean sets you up for success by decontaminating and sterilising the whole environment and facilitates the ongoing regular commercial kitchen cleaning programme.
With professional commercial kitchen cleaning, you know that your business is doing everything it can to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria, helping to avoid kitchen closures by ensuring everyone stays safe and healthy.
Catering environments vary, so tailoring the cleaning plan is crucial to meet the needs of establishments such as independent restaurants, restaurant chains, residential homes, hotels, and pubs. Along with proper food hygiene practices, high-touch surfaces require extra attention and include the handles, doors, buttons, and switches on refrigerators, freezers, cookers, grills, fryers, extractors, and windows.
The Food Safety & Hygiene Standards You Need To Meet
The food safety and hygiene standards you need to meet can be achieved by:
- Handwashing – Your culinary team should wash their hands with soapy water or hand-sanitiser before preparing or cooking food.
- Food preparation equipment and utensils – Chopping boards, knives, and other food prep equipment should be cleaned regularly and between tasks.
- Raw and ready-to-eat foods – Ensure separate chopping boards, plates, and utensils are used when preparing raw foods and ready-to-eat foods.
- Cook don’t wash raw meat – Washing meat under a running tap can cause bacteria to splash and contaminate clothes, hands, worktops, and utensils. Thorough cooking is the best approach to killing bacteria and viruses.
- Wash and peel fresh vegetables and fruit – Washing fruit and vegetables in a bowl or under a tap will help remove bacteria and viruses. Peeling vegetables is an effective extra-precaution.
Many of the kitchen cleaning tasks fall outside the scope and job role of your cooks, chefs, and servers. A commercial kitchen cleaning service usually takes care of these daily, weekly, monthly, and annual tasks.
Commercial Kitchen Cleaning
A commercial kitchen cleaning contractor will provide your company with the most effective approach to removing viruses and bacteria from your facilities, equipment, and surfaces.
Ratcliffe Cleaning uses the latest techniques to ensure the highest hygienic standards. Our highly-trained technicians use commercial-grade cleaning products, including sanitisers, detergents, and disinfectants. They know how to use them correctly to the manufacturer’s instructions, diluting them to the precise proportions and leaving them on surfaces for the exact amount of time.
Organisation is the key to commercial kitchen cleaning. Our cleaners work to carefully crafted checklists that identify priorities to ensure a thorough clean and nothing is missed.
We can create a tailored commercial kitchen cleaning package for your business, and this can include:
- Kitchen equipment cleaning
- Work surfaces, shelving, and trolley cleaning
- Wash station cleaning
- Hard and soft floor cleaning
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Toilet and sink cleaning
- Restaurant cleaning
To discuss how our commercial kitchen cleaning service can help prepare and maintain your business as guests are welcomed back indoors, please contact our team on 0800 086 9215.